Sustainability of the international supply chain of commerce is a critical issue for us. With the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) we provide a platform to improve social compliance in the supply chain. FTA is now developing a new initiative for the improvement of environmental performance of suppliers worldwide by the name of the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI).
We are currently looking for the Head of the Environmental Project who will be responsible for the further built up and the implementation of the initiative.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the building up of the BEPI
- Coordinate with members in the context of the FTA Pilot Group
- Build strong connections with a wide range of stakeholders
- Overall responsibility for the management of the initiative after the development phase
- Dynamic and open personality
- Strong leadership qualities and good communication skills
- Result oriented working attitude
- University degree or equal by experience in environmental economics (knowledge of economics, environmental science, ecology or other environmental and economic subjects)
- At least 10 years of professional experience. Experience in an association or similar institution would be a benefit
- Understanding of EU policy and institutions and regulatory affairs
- Fluent written, verbal English is mandatory additional languages are an asset
- Ability to fit well into a multi-cultural team