AER is looking for an intern to work for a minimum of 5 months in the AER Social Policy and Public Health Committee. The selected person will be under the lead and responsibility of the Coordinator of the Social Policy and Public Health Committee.
Starting date: mid-September 2013, early October 2013 at the latest
- Contribution to the preparation of Committee events (conferences, seminar);
- Monitoring and analysis of ongoing developments in policy areas of key interest to the Committee's work (special focus on healthcare management, e-health, social inclusion, people with disabilities, demographic change, health inequalities);
- Contribution to the preparation of working documents and political positions;
- Liaising with AER member regions on a regular basis and assist them in actively participating to our work;
- Participating in external events on behalf of AER and report back as relevant;
- Updating the relevant webpages of the Committee on the AER website and writing short articles for the AER newsletter;
- Assisting AER staff with daily office management task.
- An understanding of EU institutions and policy-making processes
- An understanding of the role of the regions in Europe
- Proven analytical and research skills
- Experience in organising events and meetings would be an advantage
- Fluent English required, French a strong asset
- Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Paying attention to details, positive work attitude
AER internships are only open to candidates registered in a university/school/institute or equivalent body, as an agreement must be signed between the AER and the student's university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criteria will automatically be disregarded.â€¨Students that are not citizens of the EU must also make sure that they fulfil all legal requirements (residence permit, visa etc.) as specified by French law.