We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join the team as the Event Management and Communication Officer, who will manage the following tasks:
- Responsible for the general organisation of the International Gas Turbine Conference 2014 and the High-Level User Meeting that will take place in October 2014;
- Provide logistical support for ETN events (secure venue, hotel, restaurants), liaise with local members if the event is abroad, draft background documentation (agenda, invitations, reports and others);
- Liaise with hotels and service providers.
- Draft/write/edit ETN communication materials (banners, reports, Membership Information Package, brochure, pamphlet, etc.);
- Manage and update the ETN website and contact database;
- Assisting in the preparation and edition of policy briefings, news articles, meeting briefings, reports and dissemination material.
- Managing membership relations and requests, providing a high-level of service to our members.
The ideal candidate will hold a university degree in Project Management, European/international affairs, communications or related field, and have at least 2-3 years of work experience in some of the above tasks.
He/she will also:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and networking at ease;
- Have native-level of spoken and written English and ideally the knowledge of another European language;
- Have working experience in European affairs; knowledge of EU energy policy and research programmes is considered an asset;
- Have good organisational skills and have the ability to multitask without losing track of details;
- Have the ability to work within a small team and under pressure;
- Have good IT skills and experience with Office applications;
- Be enthusiastic and show willingness to learn.
We offer a friendly and international working environment in a small and dynamic team, and great networking opportunities with our member organisations across Europe. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn and take initiatives. Occasional travel in Europe will be required.