The College of Europe is looking for a Project Manager to join its Development Office in Bruges, Belgium. The Development Office is the College of Europe’s main link for developing training courses, projects and other professional services for and with individuals, universities, public bodies, companies and organisations worldwide. For more information visit: www.coleurope.eu/development
The Project Manager will be responsible for initiating, negotiating and managing projects with international partners of the College of Europe. He/she will work in close cooperation with the other Project Managers and Assistants and will directly report to the Deputy Director of the Development Office. Main tasks and responsibilities include:
• Writing tenders and project applications in English;
• Liaising with experts, professors, trainers, participants and partners worldwide;
• Implementing and coordinating projects and training seminars;
• Finding new initiatives and opportunities for business development;
• Attending meetings and events including travel;
• Budgeting and reporting.
• University degree (in European studies, law, economics, political sciences or international relations) and a postgraduate degree in EU affairs;
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in project management proving a very good understanding of the EU and its institutions;
• Knowledge of and relevant experience with tendering procedures and EU terminology;
• Excellent English and French writing skills (candidates not complying with the requested level will not be considered), other languages are considered as an asset;
• Computer literacy;
• Good analytical and organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Able to work both autonomously and as a team player in a multicultural environment;
• Result-oriented approach and a proactive and cooperative outlook;
• Open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude.
An interesting and challenging full-time position in an attractive, multicultural and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to network with partner organisations all over the world and a competitive salary package including benefits.