- Assist ED with public policy activities (drafting positions, briefings, consulting members, meetings).
- Oversee Eurosif’s research projects.
- Liaise with Communications department on content.
EU Policy (70%-80% of work time)
- Monitor legislative developments in key policy areas of interest to Eurosif.
- Coordinate policy working groups.
- Draft policy positions in consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Prepare policy briefings and support meeting preparation.
- Assist ED in developing advocacy strategy.
- Participate in EU policy meetings and events.
- Contribute to Eurosif Policy newsletter and policy webcasts with members.
Research and projects (20%-30% of work time)
- Assist ED with research planning and project design / methodology.
- Project manage research projects, incl. budget control, liaison with members.
- Coordinate research / project working groups / taskforces.
- Assist ED in preparing presentations and speaking assignments.
- Ad-hoc public speaking assignments, in particular to present research
- Support the development and maintenance of the European SRI Transparency Code.
- Other ad-hoc projects and duties.
- Liaise with Communications Officer to generate EU policy and research-related content.
- Write articles and support communications around policy and SRI market.
- Contacts with media (interviews).
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced University degree, preferably in European Affairs, law, economics, business,
- Fluent English language communication skills (incl. written), native speaker preferred.
- Strong project management skills, including the development of budgets, work plans, timelines and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of EU institutions is a major plus.
- Solid understanding of current issues relating to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues – an understanding of ESG issues related to sustainable investment is a major plus.
- Strong Excel and IT proficiency.
- Ability to proofread with strong attention to details.
- Ability to manage internal / external stakeholders.
- Structured, pragmatic, very well-organised, able to multi-task.
- Ability to manage heavy workload within tight deadlines.
- Self-disciplined, ability to work autonomously and with a sense of initiative.
- Strong team player, willing to support other colleagues and work in a small team.
- Positive and ‘can do’ attitude, stress resistant.
- Good Word / Excel skills.
Type of contract : Permanent
Pay: €30,000 – €40,000 gross (depending on experience)
Location: Rue du Progrès 333, B-1030 Brussels
Start date: ASAP
Applications: Deadline by August 18, 2013