The European Automobile Manufacturers' Association (ACEA) represents the 15 Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers. ACEA is based in Brussels and has offices overseas in Tokyo, Beijing and Seoul. ACEA works with a variety of institutional, non-governmental, research and civil society partners – as well as with a number of industry associations with related interests.
ACEA has developed a dedicated area of expertise in the area of connected and automated driving as well as smart mobility, a domain which attracts much attention from policy makers at both the EU and national level. Connected and automated driving will revolutionise individual mobility within the space of just a few years. It holds great potential for safe, efficient, comfortable and environmentally-friendly transport, but equally creates new areas of business with players that will impact existing automotive business models.
ACEA provides students the opportunity to put their studies into practice and to develop a sense of responsibility. The intern will be fully integrated in an international team and will be responsible for specific tasks.
The successful candidate will assist the Smart Mobility Director, tasks include among others:
• Monitoring and analysing policy developments in the field of connectivity and automation (connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, telecommunications and ICT policies, smart mobility, etc).
• Preparing presentations and related materials for workshops and meetings.
• Assisting the Director in the meetings with our members.
• Identifying opportunities and research in policy domains and specific technologies.
• Assisting in development of brochures, briefing papers, policy documents and other materials.
• This internship will take place in 2017, to be negotiated: full or part-time and time frame.
• A truly instructive experience, combining sector-specific insights and European affairs, with an international team and our member companies
• Reimbursement of travel costs within Belgium, plus lunch vouchers.
• Master’s degree in law, political sciences, European relations or in the framework of an internship in these fields.
• Interested in automotive issues, mobility and telecommunications/digital society
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Open-minded, resourceful, analytic, quick of mind.
• Solution oriented, capable of explaining complex issues in writing.
• Dynamic, able to thrive under pressure and act quickly and efficiently.
• Proficient with MS Office, search tools, social media, etc.