Pesticide Action Network Europe (PAN Europe), is the regional centre of a global network of more than 600 organisations working together to replace the use of harmful pesticides with ecologically friendly alternatives. Founded in 1987 and brings together consumer, public health, and environmental organisations, trades unions, women's groups and farmer associations from across Europe.
Pesticides Action Network Europe is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to support the work and communication activities of our campaigns on pesticide toxicity, particularly endocrine disrupting pesticides and glyphosate.
The position is for a highly organised, fluent English speaking intern who is concerned about the health and environmental impacts of pesticides and is looking to practice its communication and project management skills while gaining experience working on European policies. The intern will be part of our PAN Europe team in Brussels and will have the chance to work in a dynamic environment and interact with people of different nationalities from our European network.
- Six months (with possibility to extend to 8 months) of paid full-time internship (900 euros/month) in a multicultural environment, based in Brussels, Belgium
- Opportunity to help reducing human and environmental exposure to harmful pesticides
- Carry out the communication tasks in the campaigns. This includes keeping the website up to date with our activities, writing articles, assist in the production of press releases and media material, communicate the information with our network.
- Work together with our network on specific tasks and compose summary reports
- Participate in meetings with members and allies related to the campaigns
- Assist in raising public awareness on health issues related to pesticide exposure, pesticide dependency and how to move towards a pesticide-free future in agriculture.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing) and preferably another EU language
- Graduate degree
- Writing and communication skills, including reports and/or articles in English
- Organisation and management skills, able to work in a team and independently
- Excellent user of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), graphic skills are welcome
- Capable to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Some knowledge on health and environmental issues related to chemicals exposure
- Enthusiasm to protect people and the environment from the harmful effects of pesticides.